- 3 large eggs
- 1 packet of Splenda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.
This recipe comes from Cleochatra's "The Lighter Side of Low Carb" blog (which has since been deleted).
Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 6